Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baby projects: The Closet

The first baby project is done. I have remodeled the closet in the nursery. It was just your standard boring closet, but now it is a closet for the ages. Okay, it's not that great, but it is more useful than the standard layout and should last Aurora until we move or throw her out of the house.


I love building things, be it computers or anything else, but the first step of any construction project is always my favorite, demolition!


 

We were careful to save the shelf that went across the top, since I am a cheap bastard and we used it to make selves for the end of the closet.




While my dad and I worked on the demolition and the shelves, Liz and Barb worked on the shelf/drawer tower thing from Lowes.




After a little trouble and a lot of jerry rigging we got everything in. As per my usual specification you could store an elephant on the shelves and the center piece is bolted to the wall with 9 inch molly bolts, so it's not going anywhere. The clothes bars it came with are a little flimsy so I may have to replace them with galvenized pipe in case Aurora wants to do pull ups on them, but that can wait a bit.


 

Next project: Crib assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment