Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Animated movies

I went and saw Up last weekend and I was really impressed with how well done it was. It was cute, touching and funny. While leaving I realized that most of the movies I am actually going to see at the theater lately are animated. It seems most of the really clever writing and plots are being done as animated kids movies. I do not know if it is the added flexibility of animation, the extra planing that has to go into an animated movie or what, but they are just much better quality than the live action movies. Maybe its just the prospect of being a father soon.

1 comment:

  1. I actually love Coyotes! We saw one one night while heading up to a party in the hills above Sunset Blvd. If all the rich people in that area had seen him, I'm sure he'd have been captured and killed by morning. But he was neat! I don't understand why people are so afraid of wild animals to the point of wanting to erradicate them. Animals make life exciting! Plus we kinda need them to keep all the ecosystems going. But, I guess that doesn't matter. People would rather get rid of wild animlas than learn to live with them. Silly humans.

    The funny part is how so many people give animals human qualities while simultaneously saying "Well, they're JUST animals". Like they always want to say things like "The coyote attacked my dog!" as if the coyote knew it was committing a crime or something? Of course the coyote attacked your tiny little pocket sized dog or cat, it's a COYOTE. It eats things like that! Maybe don't leave those creatures outside if you live near coyotes! Argh. Same thing with mountain lions and bears. People are stupid. The pioneers who settled America would be ashamed of the whining wussies we've become.

    ReplyDelete