Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Upgrade Part III

I am seriously frustrated by the fact that Vista is so damn slow. Once a program starts its fine. It just takes forever to load. It looks like the couple programs I actually need to run will actually execute in Vista 64 bit and there should be drivers for all of my hardware, so I am going to give it a try. I ordered a copy from TigerDirect, my favorite online store. I ordered the Ultimate edition so I can actually set up the RAID the way I want to. I am hoping that will help some too. If I am going 64 bit, I figured I might as well get 6 more gigs of RAM since it is so cheap. I also ordered Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 12, it has decent reviews for basic video editing and it allegedly runs in Vista 64 and edits AVCHD native. I will let you know how it works out. I just want something that will do basic editing as quickly as possible. It should all be here Friday, so I will put up part IV on Sunday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment