Sunday, March 22, 2009

Upgrade Part IV

I got the parts Friday as expected, so now I have Vista 64 Ultimate, 12GB of RAM, and Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 12. I also found out how to turn on the RAID on the motherboard, so I have the drive configuration I wanted, a 1.5TB RAID 1 array for the main drive and 500GB RAID 0 array for scratch disk. For the most part everything works much better. Pinnacle Studio is fantastic, so far it has done everything we have needed in real time. It can preview and scrub full 1080i video with cuts, transitions, effects and audio normalization without a hiccup. Still playing with the DVD menu features and titling , but they seem quite competent so far.

The biggest issue I am having is that Windows only recognizes 8GB of RAM. I can run CPU-Z and it sees all of the memory, but windows can not. I searched the internet and while there were lots of memory problems most of them were with the 32 bit version or just basic setting issues. I doubled checked them all just to make sure I was not doing anything stupid, but they are all correct. So I will have to file a ticket with Microsoft, that should be fun.

On a more fun note, I updated the blog layout and colors to better match my main site, which I am still working on. Also starting work on the Wazza site, that one should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment